Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Media
Goldmine of knowlege and innovation
CIM Department: Excellence in Communication and Media Studies Education
Discover how the CIM Department at Rongo University is committed to providing quality Communication and Media Studies education through research and community service learning
The Department of Communication, Information, and Media (CIM) at Rongo University is committed to providing quality Communication and Media Studies education. We achieve this through a combination of research, community service learning, and rigorous teaching. We comply with all applicable requirements and continually strive to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our programs. Our mandate is to equip our students with the skills and knowledge they need to excel in the field of Communication and Media Studies.
Academic programs offered in the Department:
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education in Special Needs (Arts)
- Diploma in Education Secondary Option (Arts)
- Master of Education in Curriculum Development
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Communication and Technology
Mission and vision
To conserve, create, disseminate knowledge and skills and develop cultural heritage through quality teaching, research, and extension.
To be the department at the center of teacher education and teacher professional development nationally, regionally, and globally.
- To re-skill students for present day information economy.
- To bring awareness of the rising intricacies of networked society.
- To acquire practical skills in computer networking and digital communication.
- To acquaint the students with principles of management of information systems and services.